PDA

View Full Version : Rib sore!

DMommy2
10-01-16, 03:48
Hello for awhile I've been having what feels like pulled muscle in the left side of my belly,also have lower back pain. This all comes and goes depending on what I'm doing. When I rub my bottom rib on the side of my belly near the back it is soreeee. Can anyone tell me if they experienced this? I'm fresking out about pleurisy I need to stop googling

---------- Post added at 03:48 ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 ----------

Anyone?

dizzy daisy
10-01-16, 13:12
I've had this for years now but mine is in the right side. Sometimes it feels as if the bottom rib is bruised but there is no bruising. I worried myself sick but I think it's actually associated with trapped wind as it sometimes feels gurgly and then I might feel hurry and it relieves it. I also think mine has some connection to my posture as I sit most of the day, and slouch!! And lean to one side. I think I heard it can cause pain or discomfort like this too xxx

DMommy2
10-01-16, 15:19
Thank you for your reply! Honestly, before Christmas I went to lift my daughter from the floor and I felt a pain in my left side since. My HA of course throws my mind all over the place. How long did yours last? It almost feels like the whole bottom rib in the front and back if my belly is sore to touch ..it feels like when j was pregnant and ligaments were stretching! I'm just worried bc if course I googled and read about pleurisy ...would I know if it was that ???

dizzy daisy
10-01-16, 16:02
Mine came on about 6 years ago after heavy lifting too and I felt a pull. It's been there ever since and with it being in the right I've worried about gallstones etc. The thing is it feels like a pulled muscle, more twingy and bruised rather than painful. I know gallstones would be very painful and 6 years on its not very likely.
If it's like when you were pregnant then I think you can assume it's likely to be muscular/ ligament based really. Also IBS etc can make us have pains and pulling sensations and as anxiety sufferers were all prone to that I think.
My brother had pleurisy and he was very unwell so I think you'd know. It was really extremely painful and it was even painful for him to breathe. He thought he was having s heart attack and almost collapsed with pain. We took him to A&E and that's what he had xxxx

DMommy2
10-01-16, 16:36
Thank tou so much for your reply . It helped me rethink logically!!!! I appreciate it and I hope your pain eases up for you! Now if I could only tell my 1 & 4 year to walk from now on lol...