PDA

View Full Version : Nausea for last 3 weeks

puzzledlass
10-01-16, 05:26
Well, the title pretty much says it all!

I first thought I had a UTI, so went to doc and I did have the beginnings of one so took the antibiotics.

The nausea continued, just a constant kind of queasy feeling, along with the acidic stomach and a bit more burpy than usual.

I went back to docs, with some ideas of what I thought it could be. A logical thought - side effects of iron supplements. Less logical - liver/pancreas cancer. I've been on iron pills for a few months now so seems odd that now I would start to feel this way. Surely side effects would be there from get go?

She asked if the nausea pills had helped and I said, "I think so". She said that's a good sign, if the pill weren't working there may be something to worry about.

Now I'm panicking that the pills haven't been working! It's hard to know if this is true, or if it's that I'm clinging onto those words she said and focussing on it and therefore feeling it.

I also need to get blood tests, to see where my iron levels are at (they were suuuuuuper low), also testing for celiac and the usual cbc. The cbc is one that scares me, as always when I have tests done I have the whole "what if it's something awful and they call me and and" etc.

LouiseHannah
21-03-16, 12:30
Symptoms sound similar to acid reflux but if she didn't mention that as a cause I'm not sure. Nausea is also a common symptom of anxiety