PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Ladies

cashbyx
10-01-16, 05:38
I'm on 20 mgs of Paxil(paroxetine) and for the past week was having very bad anxiety spikes. At first I thought the medicine started to wear off but then I got my monthly gift from Mother Nature. Does any other lady on here have this problem?

MyNameIsTerry
10-01-16, 07:43
Well, not being a lady I'm so far out of my comfort zone on this one :D but until you get some responses I can say I've seen plenty say it does spike their anxiety. One woman I spoke to on here for many months was making a good recovery and she kept spiralling every time her periods started and she started to recognise this so it didn't affect her so much after a while.

There is a fairly recent PMS support thread where you might get more of what you need:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=176392

angels22165
10-01-16, 09:10
Hi yes every month, probably leading upto a week before then once it came felt such a relief, I had a procedure done last easter where I don't get the bleeding now but the anxiety at that time is still as intense x It did help knowing that's all it was xx

debs71
10-01-16, 11:35
Hi,

Oh yes, for me definitely.

Mood changes are a classic PMS symptom anyway, so it would make logical sense that our anxiety worsens before a period.

I find my anxiety increases, I get very tearful and snappy with my nearest and dearest.

I take two supplements which have helped me greatly - Evening Primrose and Starflower oil (both in one capsule) and Agnus Castus which helps hugely with general PMS and mood symptoms. xx

beatroon
10-01-16, 15:30
Oh Gawd yes. The week before my mood starts to drop and I get massively snappish. Afterwards, all is sweetness and light!

Chocolateface
10-01-16, 16:24
Yes I am affected too, and have been since my teens,

fluff
10-01-16, 21:35
Yes me too the week before my anxiety can go wild and depression!
Ive noticed with me abit of exercise leading up to it can help plus like no alcohol I really try look after myself when I notice the spike in anxiety :)

dread
11-01-16, 00:03
Everytime, without fail!

I find that the week I am due I just have to put my mind on other things; go to see friends, do some drawing, go for walks, clean the house. Anything that I would normally do to make myself feel better, but a bit more of it!

MyNameIsTerry
11-01-16, 06:15
Can I ask you all a question?

We often talk to each other about health difficulties & trigger scenarios but an observation of mine is often how we only consider how other anxiety sufferers experience it. Does anyone consider how your cycle affects non anxiety sufferers? My GF is always complaining about hers and she experiences various pains in her thighs & stomach, nausea, mood changes, etc. I see it as very normal and some women suffer really bad with it. It's known to cause temporary anxiety but even in women who have heavy ones, they don't seem to all say they have anxiety or mood disorders.

It's bound to be hard for anxiety or depression sufferers but I wonder whether part of the impact is in the reaction, like it is to triggers until we harden ourselves to tolerate tem through our recovery.

Does that make sense? I am a man remember so this is normally me when "that" calendar date comes around :sofa::D