PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness again

Bonnibelle
10-01-16, 07:41
I posted a month or so ago as I was struggling with stress as my son was being bullied and intense panic attack in school. The stress of it all for 2 months tool it's toll and I suddenly started having a feeling the ground was moving underneath me. This went on for a few weeks and at first I was bed ridden I was terrified of it. My gp came to see me twice, did lots of tests and bloods all fine so said it was intense stress and anxiety.

I finally accepted this and started carrying on as normal. My confidence was knocked but I worked at it and things improved. I was 90% better these last 2 weeks, barely noticed jt and I was so relieved.

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling really tired. I woke and felt groggy and a sedated feeling as I went to the toilet. Washing my hair over the bath I felt dizzy. I know tipping your head upside down can make you dizzy but it seemed to be more so than usual. I felt weak all day and woozy. Really exhausted. My husband and friend said yes but again a stressful week as my son had really struggled with school and was even home 2 days due to a sickness bug. They said stress had wore me down again. I wasn't so sure. We had a day of rest anyway as hubby woke full of cold. Then when I came upstairs around 5pm I lay on my bed and when I lay flat I felt dizzy in my head. When I moved position on the bed like rolling over to my front or even sitting up I felt the like my head was a few seconds behind me and has to catch up so would rush up to meet me causing me to feel dizzy. I panicked and called hubby up. I told him if I moved I felt my head and body was swaying. I was terrified. He said calm down its nothing just a bit of dizziness as you're exhausted after a rough week. You've had your tests and you are fine. But now I feel so so low. Worried its all back again but this feels worse as it's my head at least before it was just when I walked. I had learnt to believe it was anxiety and now im scaring myself it's something in the brain.

Hubby did all the tests the gp did when he visit and he said i wasn't off balance, no muscle weakness or anything. The gp had said stress knocked off my vestibular system. It had gone though..this feeling is new and I'm really scared. Can anyone relate to this? I'm having scary thoughts it's a brain tumour or I will collapse and be rushed into hospital. I have agoraphobia again due to all this recently so those thoughts are frightening.

WalKing round I feel weak and woozy. Lying down I feel dizzy and if I move position I feel my body and head sways to meet me and eyes feel dizzy for a few seconds too. Propped up in bed I am fine.

Dreading the day ahead. Scared to get up and shower and worried sick what's wrong with me. I really didn't need this worry again. Nothing seems to go right for me, I think my anxiety is improving and my health and now this starts :weep:

Bonnibelle
14-01-16, 16:34
Can anyone relate at all?

Sparkling_Fairy
14-01-16, 17:18
I know you said you felt really tired when you woke up. But how have you been sleeping? Did you sleep well and a decent amount of hours?
I tend to feel dizzy when I had a bad nights sleep or a short sleep. I've read your posts before and I know when you had this before you were sleeping very little.
You'd be surprised what a good night's sleep can fix

Phuzella
14-01-16, 17:22
Have you looked into BPPV?

Bonnibelle
14-01-16, 17:52
Thanks both.

I'd slept but I'd taken my meds around 11pm night before and they are sedating but been on them years so didn't think could be from them. I sleep 12-7 usually but I woke tjat day thinking I'm not ready to wake I could be slept for hours but I got up straight away and all day I felt sedated and like zombie. I felt drugged up. Weird and with it this dizziness that terrified me.

It's just left me scared ever since. In saw my gp twice last month from dizziness but that was floor moving feeling. Tat eased after a few weeks. He did tests and said it must be stress and anxiety. Then this hit Saturday but I was different more on movement when I sat up or went on my side on sofa or on my bed. Felt like my head was thrown back and forth.

Yes a friend mention bpv. I've never had it before but it did sound like what I experienced.

Ever since I am very scared of it and anxious about it returning.