PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between GAD and prodormal psychosis?

Lee29
10-01-16, 08:02
Both seem to have the same side effects:

Difficulty screening out distracting information and sensation.
Difficulty focusing or understanding what they are hearing
Changes in perceptual experiences - sounds are louder or light feels intense
Feeling overloaded
Finding it harder to keep track of what they are thinking and what others are saying
Feeling disconnected
Desire or need to be alone
Sleep disturbances
Depressed mood
Irritability
Suspiciousness
Unexplained difficulty at/skipping school or work

I have nearly and most of these symptoms and I'm VERY scared to develop schizophrenia, the symptoms aren't always there and taking anti-psychotic didn't change any of it, however drugs like Ativan really helps for insomnia among many other things.

I also have TERRIBLE headaches
How do you know if you're becoming schizophrenic or just experiencing GAD anxiety?

Also, I've never smoked weed in my life and I've never been drinking.

How many of these symptoms do YOU have?

-

MyNameIsTerry
10-01-16, 10:43
Every one of those is a symptom of anxiety disorders, not just GAD.

Fear of developing schizophrenia is also noted as one of the subtypes of OCD and there are others on here with the same fear.

The last one on the list is impossible to experience yourself with an anxiety disorder, other people would have to experience that of you since you would always know why you are not attending them.

rsanchez
10-01-16, 12:24
Well to be fair, you could know that something is wrong causing you to miss work/school, but not have the explanation for it (anxiety).

MyNameIsTerry
10-01-16, 12:50
Well to be fair, you could know that something is wrong causing you to miss work/school, but not have the explanation for it (anxiety).

True but you wouldn't miss that period from a cognitive point of view, just not understand how to explain it.

Lee29
10-01-16, 14:53
Every one of those is a symptom of anxiety disorders, not just GAD.

Fear of developing schizophrenia is also noted as one of the subtypes of OCD and there are others on here with the same fear.

The last one on the list is impossible to experience yourself with an anxiety disorder, other people would have to experience that of you since you would always know why you are not attending them.

I have absolutely no reason to be anxious these days beside the fear of becoming schizophrenic.

My emotions truly are blunt and I feel like a different person.
I keep associating this with anxiety but I have a hard time believing it.

What a stupid idea to invent ''prodromal'' symptoms of one of the worst, most incurable mental disease, when it could be compared to something as feeble as anxiety. What are psychiatrists/psychologists thinking?

It's driving me nuts!

Good thing is, my racing thoughts aren't nearly as present as they used to be, actually I think they're pretty much gone. Maybe I just have a huge headache from 2 months of panic and fear?
Anhedonia is all that's left for now.

Really it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense.

uru
10-01-16, 16:34
Sounds like me.