PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue/tiredness/muscle tension

dizzy daisy
10-01-16, 11:07
Hi All
I've been dealing with my latest bout of anxiety for about 9 weeks now. Had to have time off work initially as felt so rough. I actually went to GP as I was sure it was a virus or something and variety of bloods were taken which came back ok.
Back at work full time now and cope ok with the panicky feelings, but the physical feelings are getting me down.
I have varying degrees of fatigue/ tiredness and for me this is the most difficult symptom to deal with and makes me worried sick I have something awful happening. My bloods included FBC, organ function, iron, ferritin, thyroid,b12, glucose, lipids, c reactive protein. I keep telling myself those tests were fairly wide ranging and something would have flagged if anything serious was happening.
Some days I wake up ok and maybe have a bout of tiredness around 3pm but I get through and am ok. I had a busy day at work Friday and did shopping on way home, cleaned the bathroom, cooked etc - next day I felt really tired, my legs and arms felt heavy and as soon as I feel this I panic, which I know just makes it all worse.
My muscles particularly calves, arms, shoulders and sometimes hands feel quite tense a lot and it's like a lactic acid build up type feeling if that makes sense?
Just wondered how many of you get this too as I get so stressed thinking about it, makes me so miserable.
Xx

serafina8
10-01-16, 21:29
Hi just wanted to respond,

Yes I have felt like you do so often, please relax and tell yourself it is Anxiety and nothing more.
It is a horrible feeling, but to be expected when under stress with anxiety etc...

Best regards

dizzy daisy
10-01-16, 22:13
Thank you so much for your reply. It's really hard to accept anxiety is causing this but I know the likelihood is that it's exactly that.

I hope you're feeling ok today and get past this horrible anxious state too.

Xx

anxious1
16-01-16, 08:31
I get this a lot too. My arm (especially right one) feels like a lead weight and makes me breathless and shaky. It is hard to deal with as you know well, but it is anxiety and it will pass after all . Wouldn't we have these things constantly 24 hours a day if it were not. I hope yours eases soon. I am in the midst of my latest anxiety attack. 4-5 weeks and counting. Chin up things will get better