PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom anxiety..help

Savvy_Darling
10-01-16, 11:37
Okay so I know talking about bowel movements can be awkward for some but I'm looking for some advice. I've got myself all worked up and scared over pancreatic cancer or malabsorption problems. Yes, Internet searching filled my head with terrifying information. I'm mad I did this to myself again :(

Anyways.. I've been for the last month.. Since my last period to be exact.. Have been having floating stools. They look normal , are of normal color and I guess consistency but they float instead of sinking. I don't feel any pain or have a hard time going and the whole experience is normal.. The stool just floats /: I mean sometimes it has sunk and sometimes half sinks and half floats but I feel like more than usual this past month they've floated. So now I'm anxious everytime I go to see if they float or not. I'm now scared thinking I have pancreatic cancer or malabsorption problems. Ugh. And before this all started I was particularly anxious and had an anxiety attack and was paranoid about my heart. Could anxiety cause this? I know I should go to the doctor but I was hoping for insight or anyone else who experienced this and it turned out okay and not a death sentence. Please anyone ? I hope I didn't put all my bathroom business out there for nothing :doh::weep::lac: also age might not be relevant to all this but I'm 21.

MyNameIsTerry
10-01-16, 11:45
You can experience floating ones if you are having the runs. Do you have any problems in that way e.g. IBS?

Savvy_Darling
10-01-16, 12:01
Terry- no not at all. No runs! Everything has been normal as far as bowel movements go.. They just float. Another thing to add is that I have been passing more gas I feel like.. I noticed after milk or a lot of pasta I guess. I don't think I'm lactose intolerant though? I love milk so that would suck.. And this just started. Man I hope it's just anxiety or stress. This has me thinking way too much about stools for my liking.

MyNameIsTerry
10-01-16, 12:38
Perhaps the gas could be leading to the floating? We can get lots of problems like that with anxiety. Maybe even a dietary change?

Savvy_Darling
10-01-16, 13:35
Well I've been eating more green beans, ever since I discovered how amazing green beans and vinegar taste I've been eating them way more often. Also more boxed mashed potatoes I've eaten more than usual. I've always are pasta and dairy without this happening which is why I have a hard time thinking all of a sudden my body wouldn't agree with those things to cause gas or the floaters. Also I don't know how eating green beans one day could cause the change for multiple days :shrug: health anxiety totally sucks..:weep:

Diva
10-01-16, 14:35
Hi there
I read this article about BM very recently that stated stools that float are healthy and mean you are NOT constipated or dehydrated - I will try and find the link and post it.

Savvy_Darling
10-01-16, 15:19
@ diva id love to see the link thankyou! As far as hydrated , I do drink a lot of water and nothing really else except for occasional juice or milk. But I feel like I've always been a water drinker.

Anxietysufferer92
10-01-16, 20:30
Floating stools mean that you have lots of gas.