PDA

View Full Version : Bedridden

psychadelic-brie
10-01-16, 12:21
Since Friday I have been in a constant state of panic and I'm not sure why. I've hardly been able to eat or drink as I feel so sick from it and have had a migraine since yesterday making me feel more sick. I haven't been getting out of bed. I am absolutely terrified. This has to pass, right? Your body can't physically stay like this forever panicking can it? I need to know it's going to be okay.

Sam Winter
10-01-16, 12:28
i too was once like you although not as bad, i never use to get out bed until like 1 a clock and that was only because i was forced to get food and then get back into bed where it was "safe"
i eventually plucked up the courage to go to the doctors and tell him about my anxiety, i now meet someone once a week to go out somewhere and break the fear, i've slowly learned that outside isn't as dangerous as you may think,
so yes it will pass as long as you want it to/believe it will and do something about it, it will pass x

psychadelic-brie
10-01-16, 12:51
I am not usually this bad I have to say. My GP knows about my illness and I'm on medication and on the waiting list for another few sessions of CBT. I have managed to get out of bed but still trembling and terrified.

Sam Winter
10-01-16, 13:00
i'm so sorry to hear that :weep: i hope you feel better soon x

psychadelic-brie
10-01-16, 17:08
Thanks, me too. I really don't quite know what to do when I feel so bad.

Sam Winter
11-01-16, 00:57
try distracting yourself and doing things you like also, give yourself excuses to go outside, the other day i went shopping because i really wanted to bake and i needed a cake mix, over christmas i gave myself goals, on boxing day i went out to get potato salad as i needed some and christmas eve my brother needed eggs for his cookie dough so i ran out to get them all by myself for the first time in my life, so yes i literally ran because i wanted to get back to a "safe" place but i did it, it sounds stupid but it works x

psychadelic-brie
11-01-16, 10:37
But how do you stop feeling so panicky? It literally paralyses me.

uru
11-01-16, 11:15
Since Friday I have been in a constant state of panic and I'm not sure why. I've hardly been able to eat or drink as I feel so sick from it and have had a migraine since yesterday making me feel more sick. I haven't been getting out of bed. I am absolutely terrified. This has to pass, right? Your body can't physically stay like this forever panicking can it? I need to know it's going to be okay.

Hey, really sorry to hear about that!

You really don't know what is making you panic? That's so strange! It must be terrifying.

Sam Winter
11-01-16, 14:23
i guess i can stop feeling panicky because i always panic about a specific thing,
it must horrible not knowing what you're panicking about :/