PDA

View Full Version : Mole Panic Out Of Nowhere

coastgirl
10-01-16, 15:17
I was reading Facebook and an article on skin cancer came up. So for whatever reason I read the comments, and someone posted about their husband dying from what looked like a regular old flesh colored mole.

That set me off so bad :( I have a light colored bump/mole on my face but it's been there since as long as I can remember. I've been to the dermo at least 4 times since it's been there. However it itches every once in a few days, not bad. I'll scratch it and it will be gone. I remember having a passing thought about if its bad that it itches, but because it's been there forever and has been doing that forever, I never think about it.

But because of that Facebook comment I suddenly became so scared I have some horrible kind of skin cancer. Then I Googled because the only thing I know to look for in a mole is if it changes shape, starts bleeding, etc.

My dermo visit is actually coming up in a week and a half. But I'm having a hard time sleeping with all the anxiety :( I'm wondering if I should try to be seen earlier or just go to a regular doctor.