PDA

View Full Version : Weird headache help

Scared99
10-01-16, 16:12
I know I have severe health anxuety so I'm going to reach out to all of you before I google. My concern just started this morning. Yesterday I had a weird sharp pain in my left temple. It's a quick sharp stab that lasts a few seconds and vanishes. It started yesterday and it came and went all day. It comes in waves. I think I made it about 6 hours without it and right before bed I got a wave of them. This morning I woke up with a few waves and it had been coming and going every hour and a half or so. I have no other symptoms. Are these headaches normal? My fear is brain tumor and I'm doing my best to avoid typing that into google !

debs71
10-01-16, 17:13
Hi,

I have had these before....like sharp, electric shock type pains in the temple that are fleeting, then go. I find that i get them when I am overtired, stressed, anxious, etc. more so than normal.

It is just another one of the weird headache type things that one can get, and is called an Ice Pick headache.

Here is some info for you:http://www.migrainesurvival.com/stabbing-headache-or-icepick-headache

Please try not to worry. x:hugs:

Scared99
10-01-16, 17:37
Thank you debs! I have had something similar before. A very painful sharp jolt usually behind my eye. I don't think I ever had them occur for an entire day. I am glad I did not Google brain tumor!

Blonde123
11-01-16, 09:53
This is what I've started experiencing. They go into my ear and are always down the left side and f my head. I'll get them on and off throughout the day and then they will disappear for months. I'll also get a dull head in the same areas. Freaks me out!