PDA

View Full Version : gallbladder problems

sunflower lady
10-01-16, 17:21
Hi everyone. I have been having pains in my shoulder blade and under my ribs on the right side for the last week. I did go for a scan a long time ago for gallstones and it was negative. Someone said recently that you can have gallbladder inflammation without stones.
Is it possible for something like that to get better with diet etc. I am worried about surgery as I have severe M.E so don't know how my body would react to a general anaesthetic. Thanks everyone!:yesyes:

bartin
11-01-16, 18:38
Yes, it's possible to have a gallbladder inflammation without a stone. An ultrasound would show either a gallstone or inflammation, though.
http://www.ehealthstar.com/what-does-gallbladder-pain-feel-like.php

Acute inflammation of the gallbladder can cause pain below the right rib cage, nausea and fever. If you didn't have gallstones years ago, it doesn't necessary mean you don't have them now.

If you are worried try to arrange an ultrasound of your abdomen.

sunflower lady
13-01-16, 09:04
Thank you so much for your reply Bartin. I saw my Gp yesterday and he is arranging an ultrasound for me. In the meantime I am trying to drink lots of water and cut down on sugar and bad fats to see if that helps.:yesyes: