PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

smartie76
10-01-16, 18:09
Hi,
I suffer with anxiety, some ocd, and bouts of depression. Never quite sure if the depression causes the anxiety and ocd, or the other way round.
I've been like this, on and off for years. Was put on Lorazapam in the 80's, and for nearly a decade felt "normal", but then had to come off it, which I did VERY slowly over 2 years of so. Seemed to be oK for while after that, but suddenly got hit with panic attacks and anxiety again about 6 years ago. I've been on Citalopram ever since.
I also practice Tai Chi, and Mindfullness, and do find they both work to help calm me. Most people oddly don't even realise I suffer from any of this, as when I mention it, everyone is shocked and say things along the lines of "But you are always so calm and happy". If only that were true!!
Going to my GP tomorrow as I feel another "bout" of anxiety and depression coming on, so wonder if maybe try to change to a different med? I tried Sertarilne which I hated, as it made me feel like a zombie with anxiety, and also Prozac, which made me feel too hyper. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is the best anti depressant for my combination of symptoms?
Sorry to go on, but it is so nice not to feel alone with this. :)

venusbluejeans
10-01-16, 18:16
Hiya smartie76 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: