PDA

View Full Version : Off balanced/lightheaded worser when tired?

Barb1988
10-01-16, 19:36
Those two are my main and also the most horrible symptoms and I experience them everyday. I am working night shifts now and after the first one and not a lot of day sleep, off balance feeling is so strong and scary, that I have a feeling that I need to sit down, I am unable to stand and work normally because of it. Is it normal that our symptoms become much worser when tired? It is so hard to cope with night shifts itself, and now with those horrible strong off balance/lightheadness feelings, I am actually unable to do my job. How do you help yourself ?

damianjmcgrath
10-01-16, 20:26
I get this every day. It'll start randomly, I'll suddenly feel unsteady and like I'm about to fall over. I never do though. Its definitely worse when tired and maybe worse after eating. I assume its to do with a drop in oxygen levels. Tiredness and digesting food probably naturally cause body changes in blood flow and maybe I'm either reacting in an anxious way to those normal changes, or my body is already low on oxygen due to tight muscles or bad posture caused by anxiety, and the tiredness tips me over the edge.

Its like I don't feel sharp. Its a hard light headedness to explain.

matrix123
11-01-16, 09:33
It looks like "floor moving" thing...I've had it before almost every day, several times a day. It was like for 1-2s I would fall, but never did...it's definitely anxiety as it's several months now that I don't have it (but have other things now)

Barb1988
12-01-16, 13:38
Thanks for the answers! I have it also on and off for almost 1 year now, but in the last time almost everyday. It is really a scary feeling. I am able to relax myself when having palpitations or other symptoms, but with dizziness/off balance I am still in total panic. I have Ct test done, blood tests... everything normal. But still, I am not able to convince myself, that this is "only" anxiety. It is really the most horrible symptom for me, that is prenting me to be able to leave normal, to go to work normal...