PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid

Pinkflipflop3
10-01-16, 21:51
I have a goitre round my neck, had a few TSH tests, and an ultra sound but they always come back normal, recently just started getting leg, neck and shoulder pain, dry skin, mood changes, under active thyroid is also on my dads side of the family.. Tryed asking the doctor for the T3 test as I've heard the regular test doesn't always pick it up, but they said there's not enough evidence that this is true, the more I research under active thyroid it really sounds like it's that that's causing the problem to begin with, anyone else had this?

uru
10-01-16, 22:21
I certainly WISH it were a thyroid issue. That would be a dream....but sadly it just my dumb brain.

Bonnibelle
10-01-16, 22:54
Do you know what your tsh levels are? Because what they class as normal sometimes isn't. Mine was 5.35 and the range here goes to 5.5. I was told I was fine despite symptoms. I researched on thyroid UK and was told my figures weren't normal at all.

Pinkflipflop3
10-01-16, 23:13
I'm not sure what mine are, I done some research on thyroid uk too, pretty convinced that this could be the problem all along

Catherine S
11-01-16, 17:14
After years of symptoms, and nothing being picked up on blood tests, I was finally diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in 2010 and now take 50 mg daily of levothyroxine...However, I still have the same symptoms (weight gain, dry skin, thin eyelashes & brows and low energy & fitness levels despite walking everywhere) but because blood tests now come back clear they refuse to increase the dose. I'very read about the more in depth testing they can do, but have never asked for this , I just think they'll say no because my bloods are always 'normal' :shrug: It's so frustrating.

ISB X