PDA

View Full Version : Carpal Tunnel Surgery

dread
10-01-16, 23:53
Hi All
I am due to have carpal tunnel surgery on Thursday. I am s******g myself! My letter says I will be given a local anaesthetic into my hand, but I have heard different things from various people about them having an IV for a nerve blocker or Diazepam to calm them etc. I have no idea what to expect, and I am worried that when I get in there, I'm going to freak out and it will cause problems.
I did explain about my GAD when I went to my consultation and they just said I would be fine and to bring some music to listen to. Somehow I don't see how that will help!

Has anyone had this surgery? I know it's really quick but I don't know what to expcet, and I am definitely not going on a Dr. Google search to find out!

luxxinterior
11-01-16, 00:02
As if music will calm you!!!! Not sure how to respond! As you suffer with anxiety, I think you will be anxious...no doubt. But I do think that once they are performing whatever the procedure is, you will realise that despite the anxiety you are ok. You don't have to look at what they are doing, but this procedure is good for you at the end of the day, and I think you will be ok. At the moment you fear exactly what I would....... that you may lose it..but on the day, in the heat of the moment, I think you will cope. I wish you the best with the procedure and the anxiety, and I'm sure I'd be feeling the same in your shoes... as would many other anxious folk