PDA

View Full Version : Memory loss

Pet59
11-01-16, 02:56
Anyone help please. I think I'm going mad. I went to sleep last night, later than my usual time. I woke up after a short time and couldn't remember anything. I couldn't remember where I was, what country I was in, what my partners name was. It seemed like a long time but probably wasn't. I had to get my phone and check my last dialed numbers to get his name! Was this the result of wakening from a very deep sleep or something else?

MyNameIsTerry
11-01-16, 05:35
Yes, I think so. It's happened to me many times.

I don't think this is connected to the sleep phenomena recorded in Hypnagogic & Hypnopompic states that anyone can experience because that only effects specific types of memory and not the form that stores general information like you describe. Otherwise I would have put it down to that and be explaining to you how that is all normal & why.

But I've definitely had this, people I know without anxiety disorders have definitely mentioned this in conversation, and ask anyone who has been drinking and they may have certainly experienced it.

Also, you need to look at it logically. For instance, is there a pattern of memory issues you could even be concerned about or has something only happened once?

One possibility to explore will be your sleep cycle in this. We sleep, if my memory (:winks:) is accurate 2-3 hours blocks and if we wake during them we can experience various issues that affect us cognitively & physically. This is all because of how the sleep stages work and we are supposed to enter & exit them in a certain way. If we don't, we have not been properly prepared, a bit like how a computer needs to boot itself.

Sarahjosephine
24-03-16, 02:51
Ohhh I know this all too well. It's been really bothering me lately, I'll literally forget what someone just asked me or I will be doing something and forget what I was about to go get or do. I even sprayed some deoderant on and then forgot that I did but knew because I could smell it! It is really scary and I always fear the worst but usually what I fear is not the case, I do think it's related to anxiety/stress and not being present. I am such a worrier especially about HA like I have a fear of going crazy and often get spaced out and foggy brain. All we can do is feel it in the moment and try not to read into it too much, as anxious people we are more hyper vigilant then others that's why we read into everything. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon xox