PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pain

aangel
11-01-16, 05:15
In the middle of my chest (I'm trying to pinpoint I guess it's that bone area around my breast). I'm getting chest pain (like a flare up of soreness up down that area, I don't know if I would call it sharp though). When it first started today I had a tiny sharp pain but that was barely noticeable. Anyway, it's only last a couple of seconds. What is this?

lelespears
17-02-16, 19:05
I'm getting this too! Any ideas?

Peaceful123
17-02-16, 20:05
I'm not sure what is this, but I've been searching online information about this and I have noticed that there are a lot of people complaining about chest pain when they are suffering from anxiety. it seems that it is a mental state people are getting when suffering from it. should be a normal thing that a doctor might help you right away... i guess. go talk about it with the doctor

Savvy_Darling
18-02-16, 06:12
I too get this ! It's like in the middle between the breats on that bone. Called the sternum I believe. Mine are always sharp or dull and last a few seconds & come n go. I'm starting to think and believe it's anxiety because they seem to happen after I've been really anxious and scared about something. Almost like when I start to relax they happen,, definitely a stress response thing I think. Glad to know I'm not alone!

nirvanainchains
18-02-16, 06:59
I'm a smoker so I speculated that it might be the reason, but even if I don't smoke for a couple of weeks I would still get it. It seems random, it flares up when I'm stressed. So, it might be Anxiety(Again!) . I also think that sleeping position contributes.

Savvy_Darling
18-02-16, 10:47
Yes! Nirvanainchains is right about sleeping positions. My boyfriends younger sister was complaining of chest pains and her mom took her to the doctors and they said it was most likely from sleeping position as they ran tests and her heart is fine.

Mindknot
18-02-16, 11:09
Probably muscular tension through anxiety - your chest area is very complex in terms of muscles, plus a lot of people hunch and squish up that area when feeling stressed + breathing too shallowly means that you are not stretching those muscles out in the way they should be used...

You could maybe try some chest opening yoga poses to stretch that area out, but most are probably too extreme if you are very tight around there, so keep it basic - just lying flat on your back with a yoga block under your shoulder blades can help & make sure you keep breathing whilst in that position - I'm not an official yogi though I've done this in a class and it felt lovely!

My osteopath works on my chest a lot too because bad posture + anxiety = bad breathing and all kind of ouch around the chest area - she gave me some side stretches to do - again, the most important thing is to breathe into the stretch to use all the little intercostal muscles properly.

Hope that makes some sense.