PDA

View Full Version : Going for an eye test tomorrow.

KeeKee
11-01-16, 09:46
I just can't stop worrying about this flickering vision. I was in the bath last night and looking down at the water and the light looked like a strobe light and that was the final straw. I'm terrified but at least I'm getting an eye test tomorrow. I asked if it would definitely be safe to leave it one more night and was told yes as long as I go this week. It's getting worse everyday and I can't think of anything that could be causing it. Thankfully I haven't Googled, nor will I as it will scare me even more. I haven't lost my appetite so my anxiety is not as bad as it has been in the past. I'm just dreading when it comes in dark and I need to put the light on as that's when I notice it more, with artificial lights (and when I'm falling asleep at night). I'll just have to keep busy today.
What if the optician says my eyes are fine though? Will I need to see the GP? I hope it turns out I have some sort of ear or sinus infection and that clears it up but I've not heard of those affecting vision in this way.

ker92ri
11-01-16, 18:18
Hey I get the strobe light effect with lights too and some other symptoms have sent months and months worrying about it obsessively. First second and third opinions later found nothing more than dry eye and some astigmatism.

Hope this helps

Kerri

KeeKee
11-01-16, 20:38
Thanks so much for replying. It gives me hope that it can just be something minor, if anything at all. I've had a minor headache today so freaking out a little as I never get headaches, but I've also sneezed a bit so could be a cold coming on. I'm sure I felt a slight tickle in my throat this morning too which is usually how my colds start. I've not had the big light on much tonight as I can't bare it to keep happening.

KeeKee
12-01-16, 15:47
So I went for my test and everything was normal. I have floaters but they couldn't even see them so said they must be very small.
She feels my flashing vision is a mixture of stress, eye strain and disturbed sleep. I'm still a little worried but at least I know my eyes are perfectly healthy. They did a regular test, field vision test and dilate test. I'm still worried about a brain tumour but they said it's highly unlikely I have one as I would have had dodgy results.

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

They also confirmed I had uneven pupils which the last optician couldn't see (they didn't test though) nor could my GP. However they said as they both react to light it is likely small fibre damage which isn't uncommon and can be caused from an infection, a knock to the eye or various other reasons, but it's harmless. It will be permanent though :-( I look like I'm on drugs when it's at its most noticeable.

CoraB
13-01-16, 07:51
Glad everything is ok and you found it reassuring. My pupils are uneven too but they never mentioned it when I had my eye test. I had the full works and re-tests because of my headaches and they said on the retest my pressures were higher but still within range. Been worried ever since.

Does anyone know if a pituitary gland tomour would have any effect on the eyes? One of my many fears at the minute is Cushings as I have the classic "buffalo hump" but would that show up on eye tests? I had pictures and all was fine.

KeeKee
13-01-16, 10:11
I'm not too familiar with Cushings but could your 'buffalo hump' not be slight neck bending due to bad posture? I have this and am utterly convinced I have Cervical Kyphosis. I actually slept the whole night last night and didn't have flashing when I was falling asleep (although I've still had flickering this morning), so I do partly believe stress can increase symptoms. If you had Cushings I'm sure you would have more symptoms, such as classic moon face (I think that's Cushings).