PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot fear after hitting leg...so tired of this..

artist12
11-01-16, 15:18
My gigantic puppy was playing last night and landed and sort of pushed off on my calf.

It scratched and bruised a bit, and there's probably a ping pong ball sized or smaller lump under the skin. It's obviously a bit tender but now I'm panicking it's going to lead to a blood clot since they are very common in the calves.

I can't focus on anything today worrying about it and now I'm making my leg hurt with my mind. :unsure:

Can this even cause a blood clot? Freaking out, so tired of tiny little things like this completely causing me to panic.

~ Angela

little.miss.worry
11-01-16, 15:41
My gigantic puppy was playing last night and landed and sort of pushed off on my calf.

It scratched and bruised a bit, and there's probably a ping pong ball sized or smaller lump under the skin. It's obviously a bit tender but now I'm panicking it's going to lead to a blood clot since they are very common in the calves.

I can't focus on anything today worrying about it and now I'm making my leg hurt with my mind. :unsure:

Can this even cause a blood clot? Freaking out, so tired of tiny little things like this completely causing me to panic.

~ Angela

I know EXACTLY how you feel about this! A few months ago, silly old me decided to fall down the stairs, sprained my foot and smashed the front of my leg at full force.. so painful but then again, it was my own fault I guess! Anyways, to the point. I had the most disgusting looking bruise and I couldn't even touch it because it hurt that much. It didn't bother me at first and then I woke up in the middle of the night and it was killing for no reason. The first thing that popped into my head? Blood clot. I couldn't stop panicking. I went to the doctors, he looked and said it's just a nasty bruise and it'll heal (still wasn't convinced.) Anyways, the bruise has healed now baring in mind I have a lump on my leg still where I hit it, and it occasionally, randomly hurts. But 4 months down the line i'm still here to tell the tale :P

So the chances of it causing a blood clot.. highly unlikely.

Hope my little story helped! Honestly you'll be fine! :hugs: