PDA

View Full Version : twitching

russ
24-02-07, 13:53
In recent days I've noticed like a twitching or pulsing sensation under my skin at various times.

The other day it started in my leg, not the whole leg twitching, but like a vein twitching rapidly just under the skin. It has happened in my arm, leg and low ribcage area in recent days, has anyone had the same?

Also this morning my neck is stiff at the back. ;)

Meg
24-02-07, 16:23
Yes this is fairly common.

When anxious, our muscles are all tensed up and eventually they need to do a bit of a wiggle just as we do when we're siting still for a long time but don't realize we're uncomfortable.

Exercise and active relaxation such as yoga and stretching help.

Lissy43
24-02-07, 19:32
Yes I had this in my foot and nose last week, it seems to of settled now. It must of been anxiety.

Your neck being stiff will be from worrying.

cattttt
24-02-07, 22:26
Yes, I get this too, mostly in my face, this week it's been my lip, my eye is another place that it happens, sometimes other places in my face, but other parts of my body too occasionally. It's really common and nothing to worry about.

reddevil
25-02-07, 07:51
Hi,

I have had this on and off, it's very common.

Red

JCK
25-02-07, 12:24
Hi,

I have had these twiches for over 10 years and I too worry about them. I should know that If I have had them for 10 years they are just one of things that just happen. I do suffer from terrible health anxiety...

I have one wobble in my leg and it can be very annoying but I try to think of the fact that I had this same wobble 6 years ago and it is nothing serious.

HazyMind
25-02-07, 14:16
Hi,

Yes Ive also had this recently, my thumb started twitching which freaked me out and then I spent the next couple of weeks feeling terrified about it but it hasnt happened again yet.....touchwood!

Im sure it is anxiety and has something to do with all the tensed muscles.

I also get the twitching in my right elbow sometimes.

x