PDA

View Full Version : david bowie has died

emily67
11-01-16, 18:33
really sad news for the music comunity today...

david bowie, legendery singer, best known for songs such as life on mars and space odity has died at the age of 69 after an 18 month battle with cancer

rip

Sam Winter
11-01-16, 18:41
i couldn't believe it when i found out this morning,
i told my mum and she thought i was joking,
its truly sad and unbelievable news,

mezzaninedoor
11-01-16, 18:49
He was awesome
His new album Blackstar is awesome
a great loss to music and orginality

Catherine S
11-01-16, 18:54
Thanks for the music David, you were a true Star..man ☺

fishman65
11-01-16, 21:41
He was a quite unique talent and will be sadly missed. Also an inspiration to many who followed in his steps.

RIP David Bowie.

almamatters
11-01-16, 21:52
I was shocked and saddened to hear the news this morning. Hunky Dory has always been one of my favourite albums, I brought it when I was 15 and played it till it wore out! RIP a true genius. X

MissyMischief
12-01-16, 03:20
So very sad and wow, what a shocker! He was so iconic, it just seemed like he was going to live forever. :weep: It's amazing that he just released an album, too. Badass to the end.

MyNameIsTerry
12-01-16, 05:22
Yeah Genoire, I heard on the radio earlier that he battled for 18 months so even more incredible to get the album out.

RIP David. "Golden Years" (not long before my birth and featured in a Stephen King too)

emily67
12-01-16, 10:00
So very sad and wow, what a shocker! He was so iconic, it just seemed like he was going to live forever. :weep: It's amazing that he just released an album, too. Badass to the end.

i didn't believe it at first for that reason.

i knew he had a new album out, and it was rather a shock

Fishmanpa
12-01-16, 13:28
I saw David Bowie one time in my life, live at the Spectrum in Philadelphia in the late 70's. I always liked his music but I wasn't a huge fan. That show changed that. There was something about him live that drew you to him. Some call it the "it" factor and he certainly had "it". He literally "possessed" the stage. You couldn't take your eyes off of him. There were some absolutely phenomenal musicians in the band but they were overshadowed by the man, David Bowie. In my opinion, he epitomized what it meant to be an "artist". He always strove for something more and never compromised who he was.
It seems surreal hearing he's gone.....

RIP Mr. Bowie.

Positive thoughts