PDA

View Full Version : brain tumour? anxiety? or just bonkers?

0121niamh
11-01-16, 20:28
Hi guys this is my first post I've looked at a lot of the articles on here but found the courage to join and post. My anxiety first started 3 years ago when my 7 week old baby was admitted to hospital at this time I also found a lump on my breast and my husband had 2 planned non serious operations - I found 2 lumps in the space of six months and this kicked off the need to constantly check myself sometimes up to 10 times a day leaving myself sore and bruised under the skin, numerous visits to the Dr and she picked up something wasn't quite right and asked me what I'm afraid of and the answers simple my mom died suddenly at 50 ny fear is I will die young and my 3 children will be left without a mom - my current anxiety attack started in October no real reason I just felt myself feeling a bit edgy and it spiraled was sick every morning churning upset tummy felt shaking and on edge stomach pains all over all id had previous was a cold which had caused some breast pain - anyway Dr was pretty sure it was all anxiety related but reffered me for bloods and an ultra sound - panic ensured as I was convinced something was wrong scan day came and I was told everything was fine althou I have polysystic overies (I new this thou) however my bloods came back with stars against them my liver function was raised and was my sedimentaion rate so repeat bloods were necessary - also a stool sample too - all this is happening at beginibg of December my fear I wud get bad news at Xmas as that wen we always have a tough time, my stool sample came back positive for blood so had to repeat it and of course google just tells u its one cancer or another anyway second sample cane back fine and so did bloods however I'm still getting pressure headache initally they were at the back of my head base of neck and felt like someone was pushing my head down had them most days but didn take any medication, the pain would move around my head be at the top or on the one side, a good friend of mine said she experienced the same when her anxiety flaires up, I'm still having these pressure pains now on top of head maybe only 3 finger tips in size but occasional shooting pains and pain over one eye I've now convinced myself I mist have a brain tumor my hands feel wobbly at tomes althou if u hold my hands out they don't move I feel shakey light headed some times too - I have a busy life work part time and have three children aged 9 7 3 the older 2 argue constantly and spend my life playing referee so stress is present in my life, I've just started seeing a counsiller who has asked me to keep a diary but its these pressure headache that are concerning me is it just anxiety? My sex life with my husband is no exsistant i just cant relax enough to even try, and when i did i became dizzy as he lay on top of me and had to stop not been intimate since October properly and its causing a divide in our relationship I feel like were drifting apart any comments welcome xx
I'm on amittipteline 10mg and have been for 10 months not sure how much its working now :(

Fishmanpa
11-01-16, 20:36
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=178648

Got some pretty good replies on this thread.... I would tend to go with physical symptoms exasperated by anxiety.

Positive thoughts