PDA

View Full Version : Stress

damianjmcgrath
11-01-16, 20:35
When I get stressed out, like arguing with my wife, my pulse goes up to 100+ and I get a bit light headed. Then my anxiety kicks in and I worry about what's going to happen, and whether it's a real medical problem that's been made worse by stress.

I never used to react to stress, and now it hits me almost instantly. It's like stress induced anxiety.

Does anyone have any stress management techniques, and does anyone else suffer from feeling unusually stressed really quickly?

artist12
11-01-16, 22:39
I have the same problem. I have been wearing a FitBit for fitness reasons and it also has a pulse tracker, so now when I feel myself getting flustered I check that to find I am often 100+.

Lately when that happens I've been trying to stop, close my eyes, and take 10 deep breaths. Usually when anxiety comes on my breath gets so shallow but I don't even notice! So focusing on the breath helps me calm down a bit.

I also like the free iPhone app for guided meditation. It will voice you through a variety of meditations anywhere from 3-20 minutes and whenever I do one of those and really focus, my pulse gets back down to 70 or 75. Love using lavender oil, too, when I do these.

Also love a hot shower.

Best of luck to you!

Haylee.a
11-01-16, 22:43
I know it sounds like an obvious thing but try not to argue or things you know that can get your anxiety kicked off!!!