PDA

View Full Version : Desperate but terrified to have a baby!!

xilvey
12-01-16, 06:52
Hey guys I'm really torn.. I feel me and my partner are at the point in our relationship where we are ready for a baby and to be quite honest.. Im desperate to have a bab! Its all I think about!! Thing is my anxiety isn't too great. I've gotten a bit better but have recently resigned from my job due to constantly being sent home after having panic attacks at work..

I've spoke to many people about this, and everyone who knows me well have all said is be a great mother and that they know I will care for that child regardless on how I'm feeling, which is true, but I'm more worried about the pregnancy itself, stress is never good for a pregnant woman, let alone some who has daily panic attacks!

I'm so torn, because I worry if I wait to have a child, I'll constantly find reasons not to have a baby but I don't want to start trying if I'm going to put the baby at risk during pregnancy..

Has anyone gone through pregnancy with panic attacks? If so how was it to come off medication? Did you handle morning sickness well??

xilvey
15-01-16, 20:05
??? Bump

lindadiana
15-01-16, 21:37
hello,iv had six children,ive had panic attacks and anxiety since I was a child of five years old, I had my first baby in 1976 I was not on medication then,but did go on diazepam aged 19 and was still taking it throughout my last five pregnancys,this was from 1981 2nd baby,to 1999 my last baby,no withdrawel from any of them,no sleepiness nothing at all ,they all had apgar scores 10 out of 10 breathed the moment they were born all six of them,all good weights 8lb 14 oz,10lb,2oz,8lb 4oz,6lb,13 oz,8lb 1oz,and 8lb 1oz.that was my experience anyway,everyone is different I know,but I did notice that after each birth my anxiety went up for a couple of days,but I think that was most likely hormones being out of whack which is normal,after birthing.i suppose it depends on which medications you are on,my drs had no problem about me being on diazepam at any time,but ive nevertaken any other type so I cant comment on them.maybe others on here may know

xilvey
15-01-16, 21:54
Good to know its definitely not going to be a horror!! Thank you for your reply I suppose it's best to talk to my doctor

lindadiana
15-01-16, 22:12
yes,it is best to start with the drs,but your only young,so plenty of time yet.thing is with anxiety and panic attacks,some people are more prone to them than others,if I had waited to have children because of this I would never have had them,as I still have anxiety and panic attacks at times,when my kids were babies and younger children,it was the best time I ever had,and although ialways got them,i felt kind of more safe when pregnant as you get tested regulary,blood pressure, bloods and urine samples etc.and I found my anxiety was less severe as I was responsible for little people,i felt important and useful,its now they have all grown up they are worse again,well good luck,all the best linda