PDA

View Full Version : Extreme lung cancer fears, coughed up blood.

Strovbe
12-01-16, 08:33
For a few days now I have had a pretty bad cough, and suddenly today I went to cough and I coughed up a bit of blood. I also have a sore throat and mucus everywhere and in my nose but I don't know if it's related. I'm absolutely terrified that it's lung cancer or something scary like that. I'm only 20 but I smoked for a little while. Last week I was coughing as well and nauseous but the nausea went away.

lottie59
12-01-16, 09:52
Hi Strovbe

please don't panic! if you have been coughing very hard for the last few days then the tiny bit of blood will be from a burst capillary or something! I too have had this happen to me and I thought it was lung cancer but once I rationalised it I realised it was just from the coughing.. and Im still hear to tell the tale :-)

on top of that.. lung cancer rarely effects young people..
x

Strovbe
12-01-16, 10:36
It's just so alarming to cough and see blood, especially if youve been worried about lung cancer for the past year

gracee121x
09-03-16, 13:16
I have the same thing, started as a head cold and dry cough now I'm mucusy every where as well, do not worry as the blood is probably just from a capilary
I rationalise it by telling myself it would be too much of a coincidence to get it after being ill :)
If it helps my GP told me that I won't have it as 20 is far too young to get lung cancer