PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack and back to anxiety mode

Slisher
12-01-16, 09:53
Hi, im new here and just wanted to get some advice or kind words.
I had regular panic attacks a year ago but then i got better and got my drivers license and im now in school again. But right as i got back to school after christmas i had a panic attack and now i have anxiety and im a little depressed since then. Cant focus in classes and leaving early. Today i didnt even go because i feel bad. I really want to stop this again but as you know, anxiety and depression makes you look for bad things/ thoughts and the impending doom feeling is back. I dont know what to do right now and i feel like how i felt when i was at my worst almost. Reading the forums here kinda helps though so i know im not alone in these things. Thanks for any replies.

Slisher
14-01-16, 12:13
Still cant seem to get back up on my feet and im starting to isolate myself again. Talked to my Dr and it will take a few weeks on a wait list to get me to a psychologist. I hope i can kick this again as i absolutely hate this feeling of hopelessness, fear and anxiety :(

ana
16-01-16, 11:33
Hi, and welcome to the site!

It's perfectly normal to feel some anxiety going back to school after the holidays. Routine is important to anxiety sufferers as it gives us structure.

I know how hard it is to stay positive when you're feeling anxious and depressed, but it may help to think about all the things you've accomplished so far. Anxiety is uncomfortable and disruptive to your life, but it won't kill you, and it can't drive you insane. It is useful, however, to discover what's behind those feelings of panic and anxiety, so I'd encourage you to speak to a psychologist.

Please think about it this way: all of your emotions and your own, they are not happening TO you, they aren't out of your control. You're not the victim of your thoughts and feelings - you are their master :)

Slisher
16-01-16, 15:54
Thank you for the helpful words and positivity. I have contacted my gp about referring me to a psychologist and i have increaded my escitalopram dosage and hoping i will be getting better after a while. Still having alot of "disaster" thoughts and anxiety but im trying to remain hopefull that this is just temporary. Again thank you Ana for your words!

ana
16-01-16, 18:02
No problem, and no need to say thanks. I really hope you feel better soon. :)
I can tell you from personal experience (15+ years of suffering from panic attacks and anxiety) that you'll have good days/months/years and bad ones. The bad ones don't mean anything, it's just the way this journey goes. It's never a straightforward one, but you can't go backwards if you continue trying to lead a normal life and not structure it around your anxiety.

You will get better after a while, and all of your thoughts are just thoughts, nothing else. :)