PDA

View Full Version : Loosing weight please help

MissSunshine
12-01-16, 10:16
I'd like t point out I have an appointment to see my gp in 2 weeks time and I'm currently doing CBT but untill then I need some support

To cut a long story short I had a baby a year ago I've had ibs for 6 years and anxiety for 10
Recently my anxiety is a little high my concerns are

I have bad back ache and shoulder knots/pain when I do house work(baby related?)
I'm starting to loose grip a lot/more clumsy
I'm getting sciatica often (from baby? Maybe)
With my ibs I get terrible wind
I'm getting bad indigestion (I've had acid reflux for 5 years)
I have low iron so on supplements
I'm loosing weight fast

The doctors don't seem worried but of course I am how can I be loosing weight so fast for no reason? I'm currently 7st 13 and a couple of weeks ago I was only 8st 2 for my bmi 7st 10 is classed as underweight so I'm afraid I will become underweight!

My ibs does stop me eating certain things but recently due to christmas and visiting family I have a lot of takeaways so I wouldn't say I'm dieting yet I'm continuously loosing weight and I'm terrified. And what with the tummy pain and low iron it's really starting to freak me out

Does this sound normal the doctors don't seem worried I'm going to ask my doctor again but my therapist thinks I'm just asking for reassurance and it's not needed and doesn't want me to keep seeing him but to me it seems a bad :(

Traceypo
12-01-16, 10:20
Hi hun,
Have you tried keeping a diary of what you're eating, I know through periods of high anxiety my eating habits change dramatically as I lose interest in food and only eat out of necessity.
I've lost a few pounds recently due to eating more healthy and when I'm rational I know this is the reason why.
Xxx

MissSunshine
12-01-16, 10:30
Hiya Tracey yes due to my ibs I keep a food diary to check for triggers, I would say I'm not eating a lot different to normal as I said more fatty food but I'd say less chocolate due to my heart burn! My diary does make realise how anxious I am tho. I have a fear it's the big C :(

I dont want to keep loosing and go underweight as I know how unhealthy that can be x

Traceypo
12-01-16, 10:54
Also, do you weigh yourself at same time and in the same place, bizarrely my weight can change by a few pounds if I move the scales to a different part of the bathroom.
My view is, the more you worry about this, the less you'll eat and the more you'll lose.
Make a deal to weigh yourself only once a week, and try to forget about it until then. My menstrual cycle can also impact on my weight.
Xxx