PDA

View Full Version : Can blood test rule out cancers

crinkle
12-01-16, 16:21
Kinda freckin out about my health right out but have bloods done and they are concerned over thyroid and iron that's all everything else doc said is fine. I know they did a fbc but not sure what else and thyroid and inflammation bloods and all that came back was that I'm borderline an anamic and hypothyroidism. But just wondering is the likes of a fbc would that rule out cancers. Just worrying cos started sweating at night now but I've been taking new thyroid meds and painkillers and anti inflammator too. Just hoping that a clear fbc would mean there isn't much to worry about.

Pepperpot
12-01-16, 21:12
No. My mam had her fbc done and it came back normal apart from high cholesterol. She's got lung cancer.
Doc said the routine tests they send off for don't pick up on cancers. And a raised white blood count wouldn't necessarily show up if body was fighting infection, and it didn't in my mams case.
Sweating at night doesn't mean you have cancer. Your new meds will probably have a list of side effects as long as your arm; look them up.

Fishmanpa
12-01-16, 22:08
Depending on the cancer, no. There are other symptoms and issues associated with cancer that specific testing would help diagnose. That being said, good blood work goes a long way in determining your overall health. Sweating at night is not solely an indicator of cancer. And having had night sweats associated with cancer, they are soaking, wring out the sheets type sweats and not just once or twice either.

Positive thoughts