PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out about possible throat stricture!.

Sam Winter
12-01-16, 19:26
hey guys so my doctor gave me two weeks of omeprazole to try and I went back up today and mentioned although the burnings gone I still have food and liquids trying to come up,
he put me on another months dose and said if they work the same or less he'll consider tests,
this wasn't surprising to me but still freaked me out as theres no way I'm having a camera down my throat!,
I then decided to google my symptoms, (I know I know bad idea)
and found out my symptom of my food trying to come up is the the same symptom you get if you have a stricture which likely needs surgery(and I'm too much of a coward to get surgery especially in that specific area like no knife I going near there)
and now I'm gonna be stuck worrying about needing tests, surgery, and possibly getting food stuck when I eat

Fishmanpa
12-01-16, 19:40
I can tell you from personal experience and knowing others that have had throat strictures that without some extreme mitigating circumstance (like having had cancer or surgeries to the area), you don't have this issue.

Positive thoughts

Sam Winter
12-01-16, 19:53
thanks for the insight, i just started freaking out because i have pressure on the right side of my throat after eating and i always regurgitate my food and almost throw it up sometimes, and of course google told me it was that so i lost my cool for a second x

pulisa
12-01-16, 19:55
My son has just had an oesophageal stricture sorted out .He was born with just 2cm of oesophagus and has had extensive surgery at Great Ormond Street. His stricture is as a result of where his stomach has been joined to his miniscule oesophagus at the back of his throat. The join can narrow and cause strictures.

I really don't think you need worry about strictures unless you have already undergone major surgery in this area.

Sam Winter
12-01-16, 20:01
thank you for the help,
i just panicked because of the symptoms i have and it said that those can be caused by long term acid reflux so being me i freaked out lol x