PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal/Flank/Kidney pain

Raerae91
12-01-16, 20:45
Hi, first time posting here but I've been lurking for a while now.

A little background, I'm 18 years old and my panic disorder started over 2 months ago after smoking marijuana, everything after that completely changed. I went to the emergency room the first time for my panic attacks last month it felt as if my heart was going to give out. I got EKG's, X-rays, blood tests, ultrasounds and all have came back normal but I can't help but think all these doctors are missing something seriously wrong and expect the worse 24/7. This health fear is taking over my life. I do see a therapist and she told me I suffer from hypochondria and OCD as well as panic disorder which I already knew.

I started having abdominal pains around 3 weeks ago which resulted in me not eating, vomiting, bowel problems, acid reflux, the list never ends! The doctors said this was all related to stress and to take Prilosec. I of course still do not believe the doctors and believe I have had anything from appendicitis to kidney failure. I got a urine test done on the 1st of this month and they said everything was fine but I'm still getting really intense kidney/flank pain that comes and goes it used to switch sides but now it seems to stay on my right, don't think it's kidney stones because I'd believe the pain would be much worse the thing that's worrying me is that the flank pain is not going away after almost 2 weeks. Sometimes I feel it, sometimes I don't. This has given me an immense amount of anxiety thinking my kidneys are going to give out or something else terrible. Anyone else ever go through this? I'm freaking out thinking it's the worst and I don't seem to believe the doctors because I went 3 times last week and they told me it's nothing but I still worry a lot. It's causing me depression cause I'm a completely different person than what I was 2 months ago, I can't go anywhere now without thinking something bad is going to happen to me.

katyfitz
12-01-16, 22:03
Hey sorry your feeling so bad. For the past three months I've had pain in lower back, ribs and sides. Constantly checking the colour of my wee as if it's dark I'm convinced it's serious kidney issues. I haven't been checked out but the fact you have means you are the bill of health. You're so young, you have your whole life ahead of you. Take little steps to get back on that ladder of confidence. You can do it.

X

Sparkling_Fairy
13-01-16, 22:51
I'm dealing with exactly the same for a week now. Occasional groin pain during the day. Not constant, never very painful, comes and goes. Sometimes goes around to the lower back around my kidney area. Sometimes goes down my leg.
However since I no longer really suffer from anxiety, I think it's just a light kidney infection. Could be what you have too.
I would suggest to drink cranberry juice for a few days. I've had this a couple of times in the past, and always went away on it's own.
Try a few home remedies, and applying some heat to the area. Seems to help me