PDA

View Full Version : Saw GP today review

Anxious_100
12-01-16, 21:47
So she's increased the dose, its been two weeks.

I notice I'm much more calmer in the house and my head isn't racing with thoughts anymore, plus I can concentrate on what I'm doing without feeling the urge to jump around from one thing to the next, pregabalin has worked in that sense. Also I sleep really well now without wakening during the night, go to bed feeling very tired instead of alert and jumpy.

However, its not really done a huge amount for my panic symptoms or blushing in public, its also not given me huge desire to go outside on my own.

So to some up, its working in familiar settings, though hasn't really helped my panic/agoraphobic symptoms yet.

Will this continue to be the case or will it help with panic/agoraphobic symptoms?

perry12
12-01-16, 22:19
I have no experience of Pregablin but they sound like they are working wonders for you and you should focus on all the positives you have just posted.

Your thoughts aren't racing, you can concentrate and your sleeping really well, that is brill! it is completely normal that familiar settings will be the easiest first, of course they will, we all feel a lot safer and calmer at home or wherever is a 'safe place'

Stick at it, you sound to be on the right track. Have you tried CBT or read up on any books specific to your main symptoms? I think they could really help with the panic, I would say they helped me a lot more than my medication.

Anxious_100
12-01-16, 22:41
Thanks Perry :)

Will stick at it.

I've tried CBT several times to no avail sadly. I might try doing it myself, or looking at something online. Perhaps there might be a book I could purchase, will check it out.

Thanks for the positive feedback anyway.

shiznit76
13-01-16, 08:41
Early days yet albert, but sounding things are improving for you. All the best

Anxious_100
13-01-16, 11:01
^ I do love the name Albert and would happily adopt it, however that's not me :P

shiznit76
13-01-16, 14:29
^ I do love the name Albert and would happily adopt it, however that's not me :P

haha, sorry, that's what I get for typing on my phone, predictive text.