PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of retinal detachment

Peterthegreatworrier
13-01-16, 06:15
Hi. I poked the side of my left eye with the blunt end of a pencil a few days ago, and I immediately started worrying that I could have done some serious damage to it. It feels weird, I get a flickering sensation from the very bottom of my vision and it seems to be slightly sensitive to light. I'm becoming very paranoid about my vision and I can't go to the optometrist until NEXT WEEK:weep::weep:
I'm really worried that I have retinal detachment and that the appointment will be too late! Any reasurances will be much appreciated
(trying to stay :) ) , regards Peterthegreatworrier

Zestyz
13-01-16, 19:51
Hi, I work in an opticians. I wouldn't have thought that would cause enough trauma to detach your retina, it might have scratched the surface of your eye so just use some lubricating drops. We usually advise patients if they have a SUDDEN onset of flashing lights, loss of vision,floaters or what looks like a cobweb in vision to see the optician asap. :)

Peterthegreatworrier
16-01-16, 01:07
Thanks, Zestyz! After reading your post I have stopped focusing on it, and you no what - it feels much better now :D
Thanks a lot for your support.
Regards, Peterthegreatworrier