PDA

View Full Version : MS or Anxiety?

dragoness
13-01-16, 11:28
I'm 17 years old, female, caucasian, average height & weight, no medication. I've suffered with severe anxiety for the past year, specifically health anxiety, but it's been slowly getting better.

Yesterday the left side of my body started tingling. Not a burning or crawling sensation, just like a low-key pins and needles. Shortly after, my left leg was feeling really heavy and tense, but I could still use it perfectly fine. In the last 36-ish hours, the heavy feeling has moved around all my limbs. I have been dizzy and slightly off-balance. I have had extreme fatigue for months, but I also feel weak. I am feeling kind of clumsy and uncoordinated. After some research, I've come to the conclusion that it is either MS, a B12 deficiency or iron deficiency (I've had iron deficiency before). This last week I have been a bit stressed because I'm waiting for university offers, but I'm not sure that's the problem. As I'm typing this, my right arm feels very tense and mild muscle pain. I'm not dizzy, but I know that when I stand up I will be off-balance.

I have a doctor's appointment but I was wondering if anyone else experiences these kinds of sensations?

Also, I have been worrying about it a lot which probably doesn't help.

Masonn
13-01-16, 12:38
Most likely iron deficiency, it's common in young women and women in general because menstruation takes a lot of iron. I've had unexplained pins and needles in my legs for years, tingling and twitches and my grandmother had MS. I'm 17 also. Don't worry, symptoms of MS are common symptoms and even if you ticked every symptom off the chances of it being MS is still unlikely, especially at your age.