PDA

View Full Version : Worried about flying

phil21
13-01-16, 16:36
Hi guys,

My anxiety has been great over the past year but I fear it's all about to change. I am off to Sweden in 4 weeks time and it's the first I've flown to another country on my own. The last time I flew was 5 years ago when my anxiety/intrusive thoughts was at it's peak and it was the worst holiday. I'm not so much worried about the flight itself (although hijacking and other catastrophe related things pop in to my head from time to time) but more worried in case I start to panic and don't get on to the plane.

I know this is going to be a challenge for me anyway but I really wish I could just look forward to the whole thing and not worry about anything. Has anyone else had a similar experience or could it be worth going the docs or speaking to someone about it?

Fishmanpa
13-01-16, 20:51
When I was in treatment for cancer, it was very stressful as you might imagine. In addition to the great pain meds, they gave me some "Chill Pills" that really helped take the edge off the stress.

Might be worth talking to your doctor and getting a "chill pill" to help. The last thing you want is to miss out on a great experience due to anxiety. Remember, the "what ifs" we regret the most are the chances we don't take due to fear.

Positive thoughts

unfitwellhappy
13-01-16, 21:46
It's actually very difficult for a plane to fall out the sky thanks to the bernoulli principle!!

Take a small dose of benzo and you will be fine... just the one before the flight over and one before the flight back and you will be absolutely fine...

jenni89
25-01-16, 01:14
I agree with the above, take a benzo and you will be just fine :)