PDA

View Full Version : Bright green snot in the morning only??

Njoy704
13-01-16, 16:53
So when I wake up in the morning and blow my nose it has specs of neon green. The rest of the day it's clear. Been suffering some mild sinus pain, no congestion though, and some random ear pain. Doctor saw no inflection in the ear last week. Could the bright green mean I need antibiotics. I haaaaaate antibiotics. Always gives me cramps and the dreaded diahrrea. Anyone else just get the green stuff in the morning ? The rest of the day it's clear.

Fishmanpa
13-01-16, 18:00
So when I wake up in the morning and blow my nose it has specs of neon green. The rest of the day it's clear. Been suffering some mild sinus pain, no congestion though, and some random ear pain. Doctor saw no inflection in the ear last week. Could the bright green mean I need antibiotics. I haaaaaate antibiotics. Always gives me cramps and the dreaded diahrrea. Anyone else just get the green stuff in the morning ? The rest of the day it's clear.

The "crud" that both my wife and I had over the holidays did the same thing. All sorts of beautiful colored snot came out of our noses and coughed up from our lungs. It was viral and we didn't have a fever although we felt like we'd been run over by a truck for a couple of weeks. It cleared on it's own. It wouldn't hurt to give your doctor a call, especially if you start to get a fever, but otherwise, you may just need to ride it out.

Positive thoughts