PDA

View Full Version : Please help me avoid a panic attack

Hopefulmi
13-01-16, 18:56
Picked my son up from nursery at 3.15pm and took him down to our family friendly pub as my husband is working there for the owner. I am 30 weeks pregnant and had a pint of diet coke then we came home, bathed my son etc. anyway after his bath I lay down on the bed flat and started to feel this horrific burning in my chest and throat. Obviously it's heartburn and I have been acidy throughout this pregnancy but this was really severe even Gaviscon didn't touch it. Took extra strong mints crushed with water to do the trick.

The problem is I am already in a panic over pancreatic cancer de to ongoing back pain and know this can be one of the symptoms but my ultrasound was clear on dec 23rs and pancreas looked normal. Do you think the coke an hour to an hour and a half before then lying down could have caused this?

Fishmanpa
13-01-16, 19:02
Do you think the coke an hour to an hour and a half before then lying down could have caused this?

Yep! Caffeinated drinks aren't the best for pregnant ladies with anxiety, especially a little before bed ;)

Positive thoughts

Em.ma
13-01-16, 19:04
Oh yes. I'm 30 weeks pregnant to and fizzy drinks n lying down cause me heartburn, I'm on acidex prescribed by gp but I think it's pretty much like gaviscon x

Hopefulmi
13-01-16, 19:05
Thanks. I'm not in bed but I was lying down flat with my son. Didn't realise they could cause it 60-90 minutes later. Hopefully it was just because I lay down then!

Em.ma
13-01-16, 19:06
Yes it's always worse lying down :) you'll be fine just another wonderful pregnancy symptom

Hopefulmi
13-01-16, 19:13
It was just so severe. Normally I just feel acidy but this was a different league all together :(

Em.ma
13-01-16, 19:25
Yer. I get it so bad I vomit up blood, burning stops straight away,
It's not anything 2 worry about

Hopefulmi
13-01-16, 19:28
I was sick but the burning didn't stop. Peppermint Gaviscon did nothing but the extra strong mints did. I thought heartburn started straight away after eating but hubby says it can be an hour or two after x