PDA

View Full Version : pain in upper back abdomen and top right rib ibs?

Weasley123
13-01-16, 19:30
I'm 38. I've had stomach troubles in the past that proved to be anxiety. For the last week I've had tightness and slight pain un upper abdomen and back. Mostly right top rib on the side. It got worse after I heard some stories about liver cancer. Is that a place pain can be. I also had worse painpain at night like reflux type

LuSmith
15-01-16, 00:56
I also have this pain but am currently undergoing investigation for UC. If it turns out I just have IBS, it's likely it is more to do with IBS. I honestly wonder if it's more to do with my gallbladder though... Though the pain really hurts when I press on my rib on my back.

Hopefully you just are suffering IBS pains. I wish you well!

prue1956
18-01-16, 11:17
I too suffer with pain in my right ribs and back its because im constipated,everything seems to have backed up there as i also suffer with axiety and all the tension goes there,most days i feel so full its hard to eat,i go through bottled water like its going out of fashion! At the moment i keep listening to a relaxation dvd and try hard to relax this tension.

GingerFish
18-01-16, 14:06
I had this a few days ago. I was worried it was maybe a kidney infection but it turned out to be strained chest and back muscles from anxiety and also from all the diarrhea I had from IBS, our muscles really take a beating from IBS and anxiety, not just our bowels.

I found a hot bath, hot water bottle and just general relaxation helped it.

Bakebeansrule
26-01-16, 12:05
I'm going through the same thing started with a dull ache over my bottom right rib now it seems to be in the whole right side front and back. I had my gallbladder removed 5 years ago so I know it isn't that. Is your ache constant? I've noticed when I'm relaxed mine isn't there which makes me wonder if it's there at all. I've googled so much about this I've completely stressed myself out, I can't eat, sleeping is getting less, been signed off work. I've been to the Drs twice and been told it's probably a pulled muscle but I have another appointment tonight. I hope you start to feel better soon

faithfulone
07-02-16, 19:06
I've been having this pain also, told my gallbladder is okay. Usually when I'm stressed it's pain in the area of my left upper abdomen, stomach area. But thinking it may be stress related / constipated / tension?