PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma

jstan18
13-01-16, 23:30
Hey guys,

Im a 21 year old college kid with crippling HA. Recently its that i have lymphoma. I got sick about two weeks ago and since ive had lymphnodes swollen in my groin and armpit on my left side but today i started to have a pain in my left side and now im convinced its my spleen. I have been absolutely convinced now that i have lymphoma and i havent been able to sleep much because all im doing is worrying. I cant get a single second of a day without worrying. Also i went to the doctor because initially i thought that the thing in my groin was a hernia and they told me in was nodes. They took blood and called me back a few days later and said everything looked okay but that my white blood cells were a little low which could just be from an infection i had. Any tips anyone could give me i would greatly appreciate because im so close to driving to the hospital in absolute panic

Fishmanpa
14-01-16, 00:12
Any tips anyone could give me i would greatly appreciate

I have a daughter in college just a bit older than you. She suffers from anxiety and depression. She's in therapy and on meds and doing great now after a rather rough time. Advice? All colleges have counseling available. Please look into some help. You have too much to live for to be hindered by the dragon called anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Reeno911
14-01-16, 17:55
I also thought I had Lymphoma months ago, never went to the doctor for it because I hate doctors and too lazy to call or go

Had swollen lymphnodes everywhere after a bad cold/flu, they stayed swollen for months until they eventually went down completely

My advice would be, if they don't get larger after weeks or months then it's nothing to worry about, you got sick and that's why you have what you have
If it is ''lymphoma'' or ''cancerous'' it appears quickly and bigger like an egg or bigger than that. Also you need to know that lymph nodes get swollen for anything and that some lymph nodes can stay swollen for years because that's their natural size