PDA

View Full Version : Trapped in my own head..need some hope.

Savvy_Darling
14-01-16, 10:57
*posted twice by mistake..deleted the other*
Hi everyone, I apologize in advance that this might be a little long-but I need to vent and I can't only hope I will have some nice support or kind replies to help me out. Well the past week has been rough for me! It seems a week or so a month I have really bad anxiety spells. Right now, after reading some other threads to help keep me off of google it seems I've found myself in an even worse state. To cut to the chase after reading some posts from someone their anxiety has rubbed off on me. I'm very empathetic.. Meaning i pick up other people's emotions and they become my own. One time my bf had kidney stones and went to the ER they were so bad that I started to feel pain in my back after seeing all his pain. Weird right? But anyways.. After reading some posts I have myself connecting body aches/pains to being metastasized cancer. That's right I now am completely scared that I'm riddled with C and don't even know it and I'm on the brink of the end. I've been so anxious this week and my shoulder has felt tense and sore. Now I feel like my whole body feels achy or tense like my chest and back. I was also experiencing gas pains which I was connecting to the baked beans and green beans I ate the night before. But now I question everything! Every mark, spot, sound, pain and ache my body is making. I feel like I'm going down a dark place and I can't enjoy life now. I've already been through a number of different illnesses within a week but now I don't think I can take it anymore and I'm too scared. Even eating I feel anxious..like it's not healthy enough and I'm just further killing myself. I'm 21 and I feel like most others my age are having fun, and enjoying life.. Not me I'm worried about dying early. Can anxiety cause all this? Aches pains, gas, floating stools, obsessively analyzing everything about your body and what it's doing? Also, some sufferers can't stay outta the docs office.. Me on the other hand I'm terrified to go. I'm terrified of tests. Last time I went was the ER and it was early December because of my racing heart. They took bloods and urine and she said I'm fine and I probably have anxiety. But I can't help but fear dying of an illness.. I guess because it's something I can't control and I try to control everything in my life to make sure I'm safe. I just need some support from people who can understand. No one else in my family does.. Or my bf.. They all say "your fine.. Stop worrying" "you're young" "stress isn't good for you" . But that doesn't help me.. It makes me feel worse especially when I'm genuinely fearful of my health. I especially hate news articles or tv commercials about cancer. It sets me off on a panic. Is this anxiety? Am I dying? I don't even know! I appreciate any kind replies, I could really use positive feedback right now. :weep::weep::weep::weep: why can't I be normal!

cerridwen
14-01-16, 21:22
Yes, anxiety can cause all that. How do I know? Because I have experienced exactly the same. You are normal; lots of the population have anxiety. Because of the sensationalist nature of media health reports, hysterical marketing campaigns by cancer charities and the like, we all overestimate the risk that we have a serious, maybe even terminal, illness. Please see the GP, but not for the aches and pains, but for the anxiety. You need a bit of a break from it to let your body's nervous system calm down. The doc will be able to listen to you sympathetically and reassure you. Don't look at Google. Biggest mistake I made!

Savvy_Darling
14-01-16, 21:48
Thanks so much Cerridwen; glad I'm not crazy or anything. I helps to feel like I'm not the only one whose felt like this. I woke up this morning with under rib pain both sides but now it's gone after I stretched. My mattress is too soft and old so that may be it. Trying not to think anything more than that like organ issues. And yes I've been trying not to google.