PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Emmakatie1027
14-01-16, 12:56
Has anyone struggled with work related stress, anxiety/deprepression to the extend you find full time hours too much ? I've had a couple of jobs now which I feel are causing the stress and I am not sure what to do about it. I do have two part time jobs-one in the morning and one in the afternoon but the morning ones stressing me out. Financially I need two jobs really.

debs71
14-01-16, 13:13
Hi,

Oh yes indeed.

Work (and some other stuff) was a big cause of my breakdown in 2004. I was under a large amount of stress at work, and quite miserable in my job. I was off sick for 14 months, and before I returned i had to go to occupational health for an assessment, where I was told I had to cut my hours right down, and preferably stick to just night shifts, when the ward was much less chaotic. I was lucky though, I was an agency nurse at the time, so was earning a pretty decent wage and living with my parents, which made things financially ok for me.

I really feel for your situation. It is hard when you feel tied to the jobs you do because of financial need, and when struggling with anxiety/dep. Is it possible that you could perhaps look for a sole, less mentally taxing job that still falls within being full-time, rather than two, one of which is too stressful? Two jobs alone is a tough thing for anyone, never mind an anxiety/dep sufferer. xx

Emmakatie1027
14-01-16, 13:35
Hi. Thank you for the replay, I was wondering if one job would be better for me but unfortunately it's not enough hours. I'd rather work along the lines of 8-2 or 9_5 so that I'd have more time to relax after. At the moment I work 8-12 and have a break in between and then start my other job at 4-6.30. Most days I feel stressed and that I can not relax. The morning jobs causing me so much stress.