PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out need some help with Melanoma Fear !

Scared99
14-01-16, 13:33
Ok.. I posted last week about a mole on my leg that had been bothering me. I also have an intense fear of melanoma.

I just got back from my dermatology appointment and it did not go well. The doctor did an exam and commented you have alot of moles. He then went through the exam and pointed out a mole right in the middle of my stomach. It is larger than my other moles and I first noticed this mole around 2005 or 2006. It is dark and looks slightly irregular. When I was at my last dermatology appointment with a different derm. He said the only mole that looks atypical is the one on your stomach but if you have had it for ten years we will just monitor it and if it changed take action.

This dermatologist removed the mole. He said I do not want you to lose any sleep over this. I said does it look like melanoma? he said it does not scream melanoma but it does have some atypical characteristics and we need to investigate. I am now freaked out and sick to my stomach. Has anyone else had an experience like this ? My rational mind is telling me no doctor will ever tell you something does not look like melanoma UNTIL the biopsy is done but my health anxiety mind is going insane.

He also looked at the mole that I was worried about and said that looks inflamed. I asked him to take it off and he did. This mole has now become an afterthought.

cerridwen
14-01-16, 21:25
Trust your doctor, he knows what he is doing.