PDA

View Full Version : anxiety in winter months

sunflower lady
14-01-16, 17:22
Hi everyone. I have just joined nmp very recently, mainly for my health anxiety.
Another big problem I have is general anxiety during the winter. It sounds ridiculous but I worry about my health, death in general, dreadful stories I hear in the news and something awful happening to one of my family.
Does anyone else feel this way? I have been this way as long as I can remember and cannot think of any particular trigger.:scared15:

unfitwellhappy
14-01-16, 18:07
Yup - my anxiety usually increases in November and peaks around Christmas - not the greatest of fun...

It usually eases through Jan/Feb.

freshy666
14-01-16, 19:09
Hi, I feel that way generally, but have recently had it go through the roof and am finding it very difficult to cope with (see my most recent post 'struggling').

I'm not sure if my general anxiety is worse in the winter or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. There are so many more things to do in the summer, and you get all that vitamin D from the sun! Things just seem to be more slow in the winter...it's like there is more time for the anxiety to sink deep down inside us. Ugh.

Anyway, stay strong and know that you are not alone!

Fishmanpa
14-01-16, 19:18
There is a condition called Seasonal Affective Disorder or the "Winter Blues" which has to do with shorter days and being cooped up inside a lot. I know of several people that feel this way.

Positive thoughts

uru
14-01-16, 20:05
Yup - my anxiety usually increases in November and peaks around Christmas - not the greatest of fun...

It usually eases through Jan/Feb.

Same here.

gregcool
14-01-16, 20:25
I so suffer like this and with SAD every year even when i wasnt unwell i suffer through the winter months.its very comon

sunflower lady
15-01-16, 22:19
Thank you so much for all the kind replies. It's wonderful to know I am not alone in this,:yesyes::yesyes: