PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about daughter

PrincessPanic89
15-01-16, 00:15
I have a 7 year old daughter. She's been away from me before, she's even been abroad, but these have been with her dad or grandma. She's due to go away with her Brownies group next weekend. They're taking the train to Leavesden studios to go to the Harry Potter thing there. I know there will be adults there looking after them but I can't help thinking the worst. What if the train crashes? What if something happens? I know it's kind of normal to be a bit anxious but as someone who panics if she's 20 minutes late home thinking she's lying in a ditch somewhere after a horrific car accident, it's kind of overwhelming me but obviously I don't want to be the parent that makes her miss out just because of my anxiety. Any tips that might help calm me down a little bit?

Fishmanpa
15-01-16, 01:00
Any tips that might help calm me down a little bit?

It's normal to have a bit of apprehension but holy cow! How about thinking about all the fun things she'll get to see and do. Think about her smiling face and her telling you all about her day as opposed to totally morbid worst case scenarios :)

Positive instead of negative... positive instead of negative... positive instead of negative and as always...

Positive thoughts