PDA

View Full Version : Scared phone shocked me

AnxiouslyScared
15-01-16, 00:27
I was taking my basket of towels to the bathroom and had my phone resting on top of them. My thumb was near my phone and resting on a towel. I felt a litte shock. This was 4 hours ago. I've been trying to rationalize that it was a static shock from the towels as I was wearing loafers and shuffling my feet. I have a Galaxy S5 and the original battery and charger. It is a refurbished phone as well. Now I'm thinking I'm going to die from cardiac arrest but I know that would've happened instantaneously. My heart was racing but from panicking and my thumb felt a little tingly for about an hour after. I've been having upper stomach cramps for the past two hours but it might just be acid reflux or gastritis. I have been shocked by outlet and a light switch with out a face plate before and I'm still here but my irrational mind has gone to thinking that worse scenario this time. I just need some reassurance, if it was a fatal electric shock, would it have been instant? Would I have passed out right then and there?

debs71
15-01-16, 00:40
Yep.

You can't have a delayed reaction to an electric shock. It will just knock your off of your feet instantly.

I think you have it right - this was just a static shock from the towels.

Worry not! xx:hugs:

AnxiouslyScared
15-01-16, 00:49
Thank you so much debs :)

debs71
15-01-16, 01:03
You are very welcome! xx:hugs: