PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

misslove
15-01-16, 02:09
I'm thinking of taking a laxative and all I have in the house is Dulcolax pills. They expired 9/15. Would it still be safe to take? It's almost 10 at night here and nothing is open.

artist12
15-01-16, 04:50
I'm weird about expiration dates, but then again it hasn't been too far off. Generally I've always thought that expired medicines just become less effective when expired, not dangerous. Might try searching for anything specific about dulcolax though.

Do you have Epsom salt on hand? That's a good natural alternative (mine bag is actually packaged primarily as a laxative)

misslove
15-01-16, 05:03
I have some lavender salts for bath. I've heard of it working but never looked into it. I'm sure my bath stuff wouldn't work lol I think it's lavender scented.

GingerFish
15-01-16, 09:57
They probably would be fine to take but knowing me, if I were to take them knowing they were out of date, my body and mind would get into such an anxious state over "what if something happens to me because I took these" that I would get symptoms that would make me think I had been poisoned or something.

misslove
15-01-16, 14:24
Ya I didn't take them just for that reason lol