PDA

View Full Version : Worried

nirvanainchains
15-01-16, 05:38
1 year ago I was rushed to the E.R two times and visited 2 doctors(they're gastro docs). I was rushed because of heart attack symptoms , diarhea(mucus and loose stools), and feeling that my stomach is being constricted.(more of a panic attack). But I really thought I was having a heart attack. The first E.R visit had some blood test done, they said that my potassium was quite low so they've given me some vitamin B's. I had a 2nd attack again and this time it was a hellish panic attack, the doctor ran an ECG ,Blood test, and stool test and he also listened to my chest.
He diagnosed me with Gastritis,GERD,and Mitral Valve Prolapse and he told me that I was just having a Panic Attack. I went for a 2nd doctor and he diagnosed me with IBS without having an abdominal x-ray(I refused 'cause I don't have enough money)13 months have passed and the diarhea-constipation had subside but still have some occasional constipation but my worries are with these out of IBS like: lighteheadedness, headaches, very mild to very painful chest pain that radiates to my upper back,mainly central to left side, and lower back pain. And I have an episode of passing out two times. What makes me scared is the sensation or pain in my chest, is this heart related or due to IBS? Or is this lung related?(I am not coughing by the way). Is the ECG still relevant as to rule out heart problem at the present? Is Mitral Valve Prolapse fatal? Thank You. Please I need you guys to calm me down.

Shazamataz
15-01-16, 08:02
Unfortunately I don;t expect any of us here are qualified to give medical advice. BUT sounds like you have been well checked out and anxiety can cause all sorts of physical symptoms that feel like they are something serious. You could just be having pains due to muscle tension caused by anxiety.

cerridwen
15-01-16, 21:15
Can't diagnose you, I'm afraid, but I agree that you have had a lot of medical intervention and been checked out quite throughly (by British standards, anyway, we are not as readily referred for tests compared to the US). I have had gastritis and indigestion, which causes chest and back pain and it is entirely stress related.
I can't comment on mitral valve prolapse but I don't believe it is fatal. You have been tested and checked out thoroughly so try not to worry. All of what you described sounds like anxiety related symptoms to me.
Cerridwen😊