PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help :)

BlueEyesShining
15-01-16, 09:29
I feel so shitty writing this. But i just had to.
My friend is home alone these 3-4 days. She and all of my friends are throwing a 24-hour parties these days. I just don`t want to go there. Yesyerday i was able to get out of it by telling her that i will study, which is true. I have an exam today.
But i know she will call me again today. I just don1t want to go, i am tired and i want to spend some time alone. My anxiety is so high when i`m with so much people. But again, i don`t want her to see that i`m making this on purpose.

So i`m asking, how to get out of it? Beware, she is my neighbor so i can`t tell her that i will travel somewhere.

Please help

Carnation
15-01-16, 09:39
BlueEyesShinning, If you don't want to go, then I advise you don't.
It's one thing being nervous or anxious, but to not want to go will be worse for you.
You have to want to do something to push through the Anxiety and you are already negative about it. If you can think of a positive to go, then you can fight through it. x

pulisa
15-01-16, 13:37
I don't think you have to justify not wanting to go. You are tired and want some peace and quiet. I'm sure your friend will understand and if she doesn't then that's her problem. There will be plenty of other people there anyway. hope you have a peaceful evening.

debs71
15-01-16, 13:44
I agree with carnie and pulisa.

You do not have to feel bad or guilty about not wanting to go, or about saying no.

My advice would be to just be straight up with her, and if she is a true friend, she will understand that.

Sometimes things you don't really want to do because of feeling anxious are actually GOOD to do, as they help break down the anxiety cycle, and you feel better afterwards for having faced it, but a 24hr party - which is hectic at the best of times WITHOUT anxiety - is one that I would not go for either, especially if you are tired and just want space and time by yourself.

Don't feel bad. You don't owe anyone anything, and if that is what you want, that is what you want! xxx:hugs:

Magic
15-01-16, 15:28
I agree with what the other members have said. Good Luck xx

BlueEyesShining
15-01-16, 18:57
Thank you all. But I was quite brave and i went this afternoon for 2 hours. There were not a lot of people and we just chatted. So it was not so bad as i thought it will be. Althought they were cooking a lot of food and i did not have the courage to try anything, but oh well... I just told her that i`m tired and i can`t stay for the whole evening. So she understood and i`m actually happy for not listening to my anxious thoughts :)