PDA

View Full Version : stressed about head injury

Alice1
15-01-16, 12:18
I've been doing ok recently but have had a really stressful few weeks.
Today (after about 3 hours sleep due to deadlines clashing with work) I hit my head on a low metal door as I ducked under to go inside.

It didn't hurt too much, with the vibrations through my teeth and jaw being more painful than my head and its all died down about 15 minutes later to a dull ache in my head. I'm a bit dizzy and that side of my head feels weird but I also am extremely tired and so could easily attribute it to that.

I've banged my head in this same (bloody) door before and its been ok, but I'm still thinking about brain injuries and concussion and death and I'm just stressing myself out. I know the odds are more likely than not that I will be ok, but i feel fir the next 48 hours I'm going to be so alert and stressed about this and I just wish i wasn't.

Is it likely i have a concussion? It was the top left of my head, above my hairline basically xx

MyNameIsTerry
15-01-16, 12:48
As long as it didn't knock you unconscious and you don't have the symptoms of concussion e.g. vomiting, memory loss, etc (there are others), you will be fine.