PDA

View Full Version : Losing a lot of weight-Scared

Raerae91
15-01-16, 20:25
Hi all, my intense health anxiety and panic disorder started around this time last month. My first emergency room visit I was at my regular weight as time passed I significantly started to lose more and more weight. I've seen around 10 doctors in the last month and everytime I get weighed it is less and less, I have lost over 15 pounds in the last month and I know that anxiety causes weight loss but my health anxiety is telling me it may be something worse. I got a complete blood test, X-Rays, and ultrasounds and they all came back fine but now I'm worried it might be something more serious as I do have severe abdomen pain but my doctors all just think it's GERD. I do admit, the first 2 weeks of my intense anxiety I was barely eating or drinking anything, the doctor found ketones in my urine so he was aware of it but even then I only lost 7 lbs, I started getting my appetite back these last 2 weeks but now I'm losing even more! I've lost 9 pounds but have been doing no exercise and have been eating better, it's really got me worried.

Sparkling_Fairy
15-01-16, 20:37
I'm a pretty slim person, and I lost half a stone in 3 months, which for me is a lot!
I was also worried it might be something else, but tests all came back fine.
When I thought back on it, I didn't eat much. Or when I did, my digestion would have such issues that I went to the bathroom 5 times a night.
I have a friend who lost 20lbs in a month purely from anxiety. I know rapid weight loss is so often associated with bad things.
But trust me, it's a very normal thing with anxiety

uru
15-01-16, 20:50
I lost a lot quickly....no appetite and increase heart rate is a double whammy for weight lose. Here are some tips:

1. Make sure you eat regularly
2. If you can't eat meals try to drink as much as you can...milk, protein shakes etc.
3. Eat high calorie food. Dates are good.
4. Snack all day. Have bowels of nuts or fruit around
5. Try to get your heart rate down. Whatever you're doing to feel anxious, stop doing it.
6. If you have no appetite, put food in your mouth and just chew it. The swallowing will happen automatically. This is a skill I've learnt.

Sparkling_Fairy
16-01-16, 00:40
Just to add on to my earlier post, I keep getting my half stones and stones wrong!
I lost a stone in 3 months - 7 kilos. Not half a stone. I actually would've been happy with half a stone, but a stone worried me!