PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

Stresshead76
15-01-16, 20:41
I'm new to anxiety, it's kind of crept up on me and turned me upside down.
It feels like every few days I get a new symptom.
Since this whole health anxiety started, I have noticed that sometimes when I'm sitting and go to get up or bend forward to pick something up off the floor my chest feels tight. This has only happened 3-4 times. It's a sharp pain which lasts 2-3 seconds. Is this another anxiety symptom?

Thanks you

uru
15-01-16, 20:46
What are you anxious about?

Stresshead76
15-01-16, 20:51
About my health in general, I started getting tingling back, feet, hands and head etc. Felt dizzy and eyes felt sore. Stupidly googled and came back with scary stuff namely ms. I have been very stressed with work and home life/kids etc.
I sometimes have days where I feel these symptoms just can't be down to anxiety alone, then other days I'm clear its anxiety that's causing this, but then another symptom comes along and keeps me going in a viscous circle!!

FamilyMan
16-01-16, 00:16
Have you had a proper diagnosis of anxiety?

If not, it is worth seeing a doctor to get checked out. I found that knowing of the diagnosis played a big part in calming my anxiety and helped me accept some of the symptoms for what they are.

Stresshead76
16-01-16, 23:39
Thanks for your reply. Gp has said its anxiety, I'm not sure if there's a formal diagnosis process but all she did was ask me some questions over how I felt about things. I am learning about all the different anxiety symptoms. It's hard to realise that anxiety can cause all of this. Have an appointment to see a neurologist privately, so hoping he can talk me through it all in a bit more depth to ensure this is anxiety.

Fishmanpa
17-01-16, 00:20
Gp has said its anxiety

While it's great knowing you're not alone in your struggles and there's a cathartic benefit in writing out your thoughts and fears, it's still up to you to take the steps necessary to heal.

Any advice given is only as good as the action taken in response. At this point in time, traditional methods of treatment such as therapy and/or meds are still the best method of treatment.

Being that your GP has initially assessed your symptoms as anxiety, it would be in your best interest to treat the diagnosis. Yes, anxiety can and does cause physical symptoms but it's not sinister.

Positive thoughts

luxxinterior
17-01-16, 00:24
I suffer from constant dizziness too... when I googled it, MS was on the top of the list!! I eventually literally drove myself almost crazy self diagnosing and decided I couldn't go on googling every single sensation my anxious mind decided to focus on... Once the anxiety is under control, you can assess the leftover symptoms and take whatever steps are necessary. I think you will be surprised at how many of your symptoms disappear once you get a grasp on how anxiety can affect you